Enroll on myHR
Enrolling for CVS Caremark benefits is quick and easy!
During your enrollment period:
- Go to myHR to enroll for CVS Caremark health and welfare benefits.
- Also consider enrolling for voluntary benefits, such as Aflac Supplemental Plans and the Legal Services Plan. See Enrolling for Voluntary Benefits.
What if I have a question or need help?
If you can’t find an answer on this site, call 888-694-7287 (888-MY-HR-CVS). When prompted, select Option 2 for Benefits to reach a representative. Representatives are available Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. ET.
You can also open up an online chat with a myHR representative during these times. Just look for the “Live Help” image on the myHR home page, click it and you’ll be connected with a myHR representative.
Step-by-Step Enrollment Instructions
- From any computer with Internet access, go to myHR.
You’ll see a page that presents two logon options: one for CVS Caremark colleagues and one for former CVS Caremark colleagues and/or all MinuteClinic colleagues.
- Click the link for CVS Caremark colleagues. You’ll be directed to a second Log In page.
- If you’re a store colleague: Enter your seven-digit Employee ID and LEARNet password to log in.
- If you’re a Distribution Center colleague: Enter your seven-digit Employee ID and myHR password to log in.
- All other colleagues: Enter your network Windows ID and password (your computer login) to log in.
- Click the Log In button. You’ll be taken to the myHR home page.
- If you forget your password, just follow the steps to reset it.
- Welcome to myHR!
- If you’re newly eligible for coverage:
- After you log in, find the “Action Needed!” and “Enroll in Your Benefits” messages on the myHR home page. (You can’t miss them!) The messages will appear approximately 45 days before your benefits effective date.
- Click the Enroll button to be taken to the Enrollment page. (Note: This button won’t appear if you access myHR before your enrollment period starts.) No additional password needed!
- If you’ve had a qualifying event:
- After you log in, choose your event from the Life Events drop-down tab at the top of the page. You’ll be taken to the “homepage” for your event. Click the Change Coverage button and follow the prompts to be taken to the Enrollment page.
- Follow the steps on the Enrollment page to access helpful information and tools you can use.
- If you’re enrolling for medical/dental coverage for the first time, be sure to complete your Wellness Review during your enrollment period. See WellRewards in the Health Plans section of myHR to learn more.
- When you’ve finished planning, select Ready to enroll? and then click the Enroll Now! button to access the Enroll in Your Benefits page.
- On the Enroll in Your Benefits page, you’ll choose your medical/dental, prescription drug, vision, life and AD&D insurance and/or disability coverage. Each is listed along with a View/Change button beside it.
- To choose the option you want, click View/Change and make a selection. If applicable, also select which dependents you want to cover. Then click Continue to return to the Enroll in Your Benefits page.
- Repeat this process to select your other benefits.
- When you finish making your choices, click Complete Enrollment at the bottom of the Enroll in Your Benefits page.
- Important: Review your elections carefully before you submit them. You cannot resubmit different elections if you change your mind after you submit them.
- To submit your elections, click OK.
- After you click OK, the Submitted Successfully page shows you your elections and lists any required or recommended follow-up steps. You’ll also find direct links to the websites where you can enroll for Aflac Supplemental Plans and/or the Legal Services Plan. Make sure to review this page carefully and print it out. That way, you’ll have a record of your enrollment and a helpful “to-do” list for anything you need to do after you enroll.
Tools to Help You Decide
Don’t forget to use these helpful, easy-to-use tools when you enroll on myHR:
|If you want to…
||What you’ll find
|See how your medical plan coverage works.
||Select See coverage details to view Summaries of Benefits Coverage.
||Summaries of Benefits coverage show you how Triple-S medical/dental and prescription drug coverage works and how it covers expenses.
|Make sure your doctors are in the Triple-S network.
||Select Find doctors in your plan to use the Find a Doctor tool.
||A tool that helps you find in-network providers in your current plan.
|Purchase only the amount of life insurance coverage you need.
||Select the Life Insurance Estimator.
||A tool that helps you see how much money your beneficiaries would need if you were to die.
Enrolling for Voluntary Benefits
To sign up for Aflac Supplemental Plans and/or the Legal Services Plan during the your enrollment period:
- Go to myHR.
- Enroll for your health and welfare benefits.
- Once you reach the Submitted Successfully page, you’ll find direct links to the websites where you can enroll for the voluntary benefits plans.
- Select the appropriate link(s) and enroll!
Do I need to enroll, and what happens if I don’t?
If you don’t enroll for CVS Caremark benefits by your enrollment deadline, here’s what will happen:
- If you’re newly eligible for CVS Caremark benefits: You’ll receive the following CVS Caremark coverage only: Short-Term Disability, Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance, Business Travel Accident and LifeScope For You coverage. In most cases, you’ll need to wait until the next Annual Enrollment period to enroll for other coverage, unless you have a “qualifying event” (see below).
- If you’ve had a qualifying event (see below): You and your covered family members will continue to be enrolled in your current benefits (as long as these family members are still eligible for coverage).
This coverage may—or may not—meet your needs. And it will stay in effect from the date your participation begins through the end of the plan year (May 31, 2014). IRS rules won’t let you change your coverage until the next Annual Enrollment period—unless you have a qualifying event during the year, such as marriage, divorce, a change in job status, birth or adoption of a child or the gain or loss of coverage.
What if I enroll and change my mind?
When you enroll for CVS Caremark benefits as a newly eligible colleague or because you’ve had a qualifying event, you have only one opportunity during your enrollment period to make your choices. You cannot resubmit different elections if you change your mind. So be sure to review your choices carefully before you submit them on myHR.
What to Expect After You Enroll
- If you have an email address on file, you’ll get an email confirmation within 30 minutes of completing your enrollment on myHR. The email will confirm that you completed your enrollment only; it won’t include your actual benefit elections.
Shortly After Your Enrollment Period Ends
- Look for a confirmation statement that summarizes your 2013/2014 elections. You’ll get a paper confirmation mailed to your home address after your enrollment period ends – whether or not you made elections for 2013/2014 coverage.
- Look for new member ID cards in your home mailbox (as applicable).
Once Your Benefits Start
- Begin using your new benefits. You made smart choices when you enrolled – now make smart choices when you use your benefits. To get the most from your CVS Caremark benefits, be sure you understand how your coverage works and visit myHR when you have questions.
- Register on your carriers’ websites. When you do, you’ll be able to use great tools to help you compare costs and quality, and easily find your claims and other paperwork.
- Take part in WellRewards activities. Keep moving ahead on your path to better health.